Conferences organized every each year
- Faculty Student Scientific Conferene of Internal Grant Agency VFU Brno
- Food Hygiene and Technology, Lenfeld´s and Hökl´s Days
- Animal Protection and Welfare
- Conference of Young Scientific Workers with International Participation
- The Conference of Student´s Scientific and Professional Activities
Conferences organized every other year
- Kábrt´s Dietetic Days
- The Lupine
Faculty Student Scientific Conference of Internal Agency VFU Brno
Scope: Support of development of research and student´s inventive activity of all study programmes at faculties VFU Brno.
Faculty Students Scientific Conference of Internal Agency Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno (VFU Brno) has been hold at VFU Brno (respectively at Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology) since 2010.
- Conference is organized by members of Internal grant agency FVHE VFU Brno.
- Conference is hold every year in three science sections (each section is formed with one of the faculties of VFU Brno).
- At the conferences, new scientific knowledge obtained from financed projects are presented and discussed. The participant of the conferences are especially the students of postdoctoral study solving the grants, the students of bachelor and master study programme of individual faculties of VFU Brno.
- The proceedings from the conference includes the contributions as the results of solving projects of Internal grant agencies of VFU Brno, financed from the funds for specific university research by Ministry of Education Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic.
Food Hygiene and Technology, Lenfeld´s and Hökl´s Days
Scope: Food safety and quality from the perspective of the current state of food law and application of scientific results in this field.
The conference is based on the tradition of seminar debates in the field of hygiene and food technology, whose founder was prof. Lenfeld. At the regular meetings, the actual problems were solved and results of scientific work were presented. This tradition was continued by assoc. prof. Hökl, who was fully aware of the importance of sharing experience and knowledge into practice. In past, the conference was organized by the Department of Food Hygiene and Technology, later alternated by different hygienic institutes.
- The conference is organized by Department of Vegetable Foodstuffs Hygiene and Technology in cooperation with the State Veterinary Administration.
- The conference is a meeting of experts from educational institutions, research institutes and supervisory authorities.
Animal Protection and Welfare
Scope: Current issues of protection and welfare of farm animals, companion animals, wild animals, including animals in zoos and experimental animals.
The international conference was organized by the Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology VFU Brno for the first time on October 5, 1994. The conference was initiated by the former employee of the State Veterinary Administration of the Czech Republic DVM. Jiří Dousek and by the former dean of the Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology prof. DVM. Vladimír Večerek, Ph.D., MBA.
- The conference is organized by Department of Veterinary Public Health and Animal Welfare. Co-organizer of the conference is the Ministry of Agriculture and the State Veterinary Administration of the Czech Republic.
- The conference is a meeting of czech and foreign experts from the staff of state organs of animal protection, animal health and husbandry practices, universities and other educational institutions, research institutes, non-profit organisations and others interested in this problem.
Conference of Young Scientific Workers with International Participation
Scope: The conference is designated for students of the doctoral study programme to present the results of their scientific-research.
The conference was initiated by prof. MVDr. Jindra Lukášová, CSc. and was first held in 1998. The original topics for presentations were from the field of chemistry, microbiology and food hygiene and technology. In the following years due to the great interest of students, the conference has been divided in several sections. The first year of the conference was scheduled only for students of doctor’s study programme of VFU Brno; in the following years participated also students from other universities.
- The conference is organized by Department of Milk Hygiene and Technology of VFU Brno, Departmental Council for hygiene and food technology of VFU Brno and Coordinating point for scientific and technical cooperation with EFSA in the Czech Republic, and Ministry of Agriculture.
- There are presented the latest findings obtained through the research activities of the students of doctoral study programmes in both present and combinated form of study.
- The level of work and presentation is evaluated by an expert committee, and the best works are awarded. A summary of the contributions are published in the proceedings.
- The regular participants are students from UVL Košice, SPU Nitra, Trnava University, VŠCHT Prague, VUT Brno, MZLU Brno, ČZU Prague, University of Pardubice, and also students from Wroclaw.
The Conference of Student’s Scientific and Professional Activities
Scope: Support of development of scientific-research and creative activities of students of all bachelor’s and master’s study programmes and to raise the level of the student’s final works (bachelor’s, diploma, rigorous works) in the fields of veterinary hygiene, veterinary ecology and food safety and quality.
- The conference is organized by the Department of Ecology and Diseases of Game, Fish and Bees and by the Department of Biology and Wildlife Diseases.
- The conference is held each year since 2008
Kábrt´s Dietetic Days
Scope: Feed safety with the influence on the production health of animals and food safety, dietetics and feed hygiene.
Firstly, the conference was organized in 1995 by prof. DVM. Ing. Pavel Suchy, CSc. together with Assoc. prof. DVM. Vaclav Jambor, CSc.
- The conference is organized by Department of Animal Nutrition.
- The traditional conference participants are representatives from universities, research institutes and government institutions, representatives of the feed industry and clinical veterinary practice. The international participants are traditionally from Croatia, Greece, Switzerland, Poland and Slovakia. In the Slovak Republic, the similar conference "Days of nutrition and veterinary dietetics, later renamed Lazarus nutrition and veterinary dietetics" is organised.
- In the conference, there is also competition for young researchers who present their contributions in the field of animal nutrition and dietetics and international conferences thus becomes one of the important opportunities for meeting of young experts in the field.
Scope: Growing and utilization of the lupine in the conditions of the Czech republic, with focus on verification and foreign experience with using the lupine as applicable protein components especially in animal feed.
- The conference is organized by the Department of Animal Nutrition. Co-organizer of the conference is Research Institute of Animal Production in Prague Uhříněvsi and Veterinary Research Institute in Brno.