Bachelor’s study programme Food Safety and Quality - in English language
University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno
Dean’s office of the Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and EcologyPalackého tř. 1946/1, 612 42 Brno
Terms for application: 30th April 2018 (first term), 31st May 2018 (second term, if it is announced)
- Foreign students who wish to study in English must submit their applications (electronic application or application form) to the Dean`s Office.
Secondary education acquired at a foreign secondary school (apart from Slovakia) has to be documented by a certificate of equivalence or a validation clause, which are issued by school departments of the local authorities.
Applicants do not necessarily need a recruiting agency to study at the Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology but we have a good experience with CzechUniversities.com by Foreigners.cz that might help students with the entrance procedure.
The term of entrance examination: 31st May 2018 (first term), 29 June 2018 (second term)
Number of accepted students to the first year of study is: 24
Conditions for the admission to study:
- Completion of full secondary education
- appropriate knowledge of biology. This knowledge is verified by the entrance examination, which consists of a written examination in biology based on the content of respective textbooks for secondary schools. The written exam from biology has a form of a multiple choice test, pictures that should be described or identified and genetic tasks that should be calculated. The test contains a total of 37 questions; a correct answer is valued 1 point, thus the maximal result in the test is 37 points. The duration of the written entrance test from biology will not exceed 60 minutes.
The admission procedure will be carried out in English.
The applicant can not be admitted to the study programme of the Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology if he/she is already studying in this study programme. Admission to studies shall be decided on the basis of the order of the total number of points obtained within the admission procedure for the entrance examination. An applicant can not be accepted if he/she has acquired less than 10 points in the written test from biology and in the written test from chemistry, too.
In case of serious reasons for which the applicant cannot come for the entrance examination in proper time, the Dean may allow the applicant a substitutive term of the entrance examination. If the number of applicants who fulfilled conditions laid down for admission to studies will be less than 5, the study programme will not be opened. The applicants will be informed immediately.
The decision will be issued in writing within 30 days from the verification of fulfilment of conditions for admission. Applicant may request a review of the decision within 30 days of its delivery. The applicant is entitled to check all of his/her materials that are relevant to the decision on his/her admission, at the study office of the faculty after the day when the decision of his/her admission is announced to him/her.
- Foreign students accepted to the FVHE pay tuition fees.
- For the academic year 2018/2019 was the tuition fee set on 4.000,- EUR/an academic year.
- It is required that the fee is paid in total before the beginning of the academic year or it can be realized by maximally two part payments during the relevant academic year to the University bank account.
- The ultimate terms for part payments are the end of August (first part) and the end of February (second part).
Bank account number for payments from abroad:
Československá obchodní banka,
a.s. Milady Horákové 6, 601 79 Brno
SWIFT (BIC): CEKOCZPP
IBAN: CZ84 0300 1712 8001 1722 7743
Code of payment 29001012
Recognition of Secondary school education equivalence (obligatory requirement):
- Your application and inquiries should be sent to Ing. Bc. Dagmar Kostrhůnová
Phone: +420 541 653 527
Address: Ing. Bc. Dagmar Kostrhůnová, Odbor školství, KÚ Jihomoravského kraje, Cejl 73 601 82 Brno