The description of study and application (Doctor´s study programme)
Reguirements and conditions
- Applicants who have graduated in a Master´s study programme and prove necessary competence for studies are accepted for Doctor´s study programme of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology in appropriate study fields at the Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology.
- Applicants especially prove their necessary competence for studies by an entrance examination which represents an interview in which the applicants in front of admission committee proves their scientific skills and expectations for scientific research and independent creative activity in the field of research and development.
- The applicant becomes a student of Doctor´s study programme by the date of enrolment to study.
- The applicants can be graduates of FVHE VFU Brno or FVL VFU Brno, eventually similarly focused faculties.
Course of study
- The standard period is 4 years.
- Study programme includes 5 study subjects.
- Study success of student is supervised continuously during the semester and by finishing of the study subject by examination, eventually by credit.
- Study programme consists of 4 exams and dissertation defense with the original publicized results or with the original results accepted for publication.
- The basic forms of teaching are lectures, practical exercises, seminars, consultations, teaching in agricultural and food companies and institutions and in field practice, internship and experience of students, teaching abroad, independent specialized work and independent study.
- Emphasis is placed on training for creative scientific work. With the start of the academic year 2007/2008 a new Study and Examination Regulation of Doctor´s study programmes at Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno came into operation.
- In connection with this new Regulation, the credit system of study (Study and Examination Regulations of the credit system of study at VFU) is implemented from that date into all study fields of Doctor´s study programme of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology (Reference to a relevant document).
- Students of the faculty are accommodated at the dormitory according to the possibilities of the university.
- There they can also take meals in accordance with the rules of this establishment.
- The campus provides the central library with study hall for students with the possibility of borrowing scientific literature, the computer literary database center for obtaining skilled knowledge of the world database from the field of veterinary medicine, the computer room with Internet access for obtaining knowledge through the computer network.
Graduation of study
- The study is finished by a state Doctor´s examination and dissertation defense.
- The graduates of this programme get a diploma and diploma supplement about the accomplishment of the state Doctor´s examination and dissertation defense and are awarded by the title of "Doctor" in abbreviation Ph.D. used after the name.
Application of graduate
- Graduates of Doctor´s study programme receive qualifications for independent scientific research and for independent creative activity in the field of research or development.
- Based on this qualification they are used mainly in experimental institutes, veterinary, medical, pharmaceutical, feed stuff, food, environmental, agricultural and other biologically-oriented experimental institutes as well as at universities as teachers and as researcher workers.