SUMMER SCHOOLS ORGANIZED BY FVHE
Summer school "Food Hygiene"
- Programme of summer school is focused on expanding the standard of practical and theoretical knowledge and skills of students of the veterinarian faculties in branch of veterinary hygiene and food safety.
- Acquired knowledge meets the requirements for qualification of official veterinarians according to the Regulation of the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) no. 854/2004, laying down specific rules for the organization of official controls on products of animal origin intended for human consumption.
- During the course, the acquired knowledge and practical skills meet the requirements for quality of veterinarian control in food hygiene within the European space.
- Summer school is designed primarily for students of foreign veterinary faculties and the length of the course is 1 month.
Examples of topics
- Meat: Identification and registration of animals. Transport of animals. Classification of carcasses. Inspection of carcasses of animals. How to make sausages? How food can be harmful. The usual patho-anatomic findings in cattle and pigs - what is edible and what is not? Try to make the Vienna sausages!
- Fish: Handling with live fish during their sales, fresh and frozen fish - freshness criteria. Farmed fish.
- Poultry and eggs: Tell me - the egg is fresh? The color and texture of poultry meat and poultry products. HACCP - use at the University. Eggs and egg products - yes or no for use in the diet?
- Sanitation in food production. Sanitation in slaughterhouses.
- Game: Breeding and production game.
- Microbiology of food: Diseases from food. Make your own yogurt and cheese! Determination of parameters of honey. Checking the quality of raw milk.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2016 - (7.7. - 4.8.2016) invitation with other information
Training organized by FVHE in past (not organised in present time)
Training in food hygiene and controls on meat and meat products (Better Training for Safer Food)
- The objective of this training is to ensure uniform implementation of European legislation related to food (especially meat products and meat), in particular Regulation (EC) no. 882/2004, 852/2004, 853/2004 and 854/2004.
- The program includes training in European law and the implementation of regulations in the production, processing, distribution and sale of food. At the same time, it devots to the issue of proper slaughtering of animals and animal welfare, husbandry, transport and slaughter.
- Emphasis is placed on discussion between trainers and participants, the exchange of experience and knowledge.
- Full-time training program includs lectures and discussion workshops, part of the training is also thevisit to the slaughterhouse and meat establishment with subsequent discussions.
- Training is especially designed for participants of EU Member States, but also for the candidate countries, neighboring European countries and third countries.
- At the weekly training participates in about 25 participants who move in the area of hygiene and food safety and have all the prerequisites (job) to disseminate the information to other colleagues from the country. To date, the training within FVHE was given 4x, 2x in 2012 and 2x in 2013.